Board of Trustees
News & Information
Faculty & Staff Directory
Map & Directions
Southern Regional AHEC is one of nine Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) in the state. Each of the nine AHECs is connected with a North Carolina medical school and is a member of the North Carolina AHEC Program, located at UNC-Chapel Hill. Southern Regional AHEC is affiliated with Duke University Medical Center which supports our residency and continuing education programs.
- Trains family physicians and other health care workers
- Provides primary health care for families in the Cumberland County/Fort Bragg surrounding area through our Duke/Family Medicine Residency Program
- Coordinates job shadowing experiences for medical students through the Office of Regional Primary Care Education (ORPCE)
- Delivers continuing education to health care professionals
- Works collaboratively with education and health-oriented organizations in our region to improve health care access
Southern Regional Area Health Education Center is where Learning, Teaching and Healing come together.