North Carolina RN Refresher
The North Carolina RN Refresher Program is for registered nurses (RNs) who have successfully passed the NCLEX exam and have at some time, been licensed in one of the 50 states. You may be a candidate if you have never practiced or have an expired license. If you do not have a North Carolina license, please contact the Board of Nursing at 919-782-3211.
- Enroll at anytime!
- Select online or correspondence for the theory portion of this course
- Initial administration fee $100 upon registering through Southern Regional AHEC
( $125 effective December 1, 2015)
- Enroll for theory course through the Friday Center, UNC Chapel Hill for cost of $575
( $600 effective December 1, 2015)
- Register for 160 hours of clinical after completion of the theory. Clinical practicum fee $250.
- Theory covers review of twenty-four Medical Surgical based modules, for a total of 140 contact hours
- Proceed at your own pace through the self-study modules within nine months
- Pass the exam for each model with a grade of 80% or higher
- Must be able to validate nursing license is in good standing
How do I get started?
To set up an appointment or for more information, contact:
Sherri Eubanks, BSN, RN
Director of Nursing Continuing Education/RN Refresher Coordinator