SR-AHEC Faculty Development Fellowship
This one-year fellowship is designed for family physicians who are already teaching or who wish to teach in a community based Family Medicine Residency in the future. By the end of the fellowship you will have gained the skills to have a successful academic career.
• Theory and practice of teaching family medicine
• Teaching in the office
• Lecture and small-group teaching
• Teaching in the hospital
• Curriculum design and implementation
• Design and implement of an office-based research project
• Becoming a leader
• Giving effective feedback
• Mentoring students and residents
During your fellowship you will complete three projects: an administrative project, a research project, and a curriculum design project. You will work collaboratively in a supportive environment with a diverse faculty and will have an opportunity to immediately apply what you learn with family medicine residents and with medical students.