WHO WE ARE
Southern Regional AHEC is one of nine Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) in North Carolina. Each of the nine AHECs is connected with a medical school (within the state) and is a member of the North Carolina AHEC Program. Southern Regional AHEC is proudly affiliated with Duke University Medical Center.
We support our residency and continuing education programs by:
- Training family physicians and other health care professionals
- Providing primary health care for families in Cumberland County and the surrounding area through our Duke/Family Medicine Residency Program
- Coordinating rotations for third and fourth-year medical students through the Office of Regional Primary Care Education (ORPCE)
- Delivering continuing professional development to healthcare professionals
- Works collaboratively with education and health oriented organizations in our region to improve healthcare access
Southern Regional Area Health Education Center is where learning, teaching and healing come together!