EDUCATION, RESEARCH, AND INSTRUCTION
The Southern Regional AHEC library provides services to individuals and organizations by experienced medical librarians. Anyone seeking medical information may use our library. While it primarily supports our staff, preceptors, and practicing health professionals in the region... students currently enrolled in health science curricula, may use it as well. Since the collection is highly technical, it is not useful for most high school, middle school, and elementary students. Our librarians also offer assistance with the use of free online consumer health resources such as MedlinePlus and NC LIVE.
Services & Fees
Library services are free of charge to affiliated, primary patrons, which includes: SR-AHEC faculty, residents, staff, preceptors, Board of Trustees and affiliated medical and pharmacy students.
Unaffiliated Patron Charges
- Use of library on-site services and materials - Free
- Help with searching databases and research - Free
- Use of AHEC Digital Library (ADL) on-site Portal - Free
- AHEC Digital Library (ADL) off-site individual membership - $250.00
- Interlibrary Loans - $20.00 per request
- Searches done for the client by the library staff - $75.00 per search