This award is funded by an endowment created by Duke School of Medicine and has been established in honor of Dr. Deborah Teasley. Dr. Teasley served as the President and CEO of SR-AHEC for 17 years. As a dedicated leader, she exemplified our values of honesty, integrity, and teamwork, and maintained a steadfast commitment to the organization. Her leadership was innovative and inclusive. The cash award up to $500, along with a plaque is presented annually to an employee who has exemplified compassion and strong Teamwork and honors those who have demonstrated remarkable dedication and service toward the mission of SR-AHEC.
The honoree selected as the recipient of this award will exemplify the dedication of Dr. Deborah Teasley,
- Compassion and service for the under-served
- Promotes an inclusive and diverse culture
- Holistic approach to healthcare
- Leading the development of innovative collaborations within the community
- Service to the organization
Nomination Criteria and Process
- The recipient must be an SR-AHEC employee in good standing prior to April 1st of the fiscal year.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominator must be a SR-AHEC employee or a member of our Board of Trustees.
Please submit a nomination by filling out the form below by July 15th, detailing how the nominee meets the award criteria. The nomination will be sent HR department.