ABOUT YOUTH HEALTH SERVICE CORPS
YHSC (Youth Health Service Corps) is a health careers recruitment program that engages diverse high school youth as “students leaders” in meaningful community service. Students are trained using a six module curriculum that prepares them to serve in health care settings that serve the underserved. Once prepared, students choose independent service or group service learning projects to complete a minimum of fifty hours of service for completion of the program. YHSC members become part of the national online community of students with similar career interests. The YHSC program can be implemeted as a regional afterschool program or as part of the high school curriculum. This flexibility allows regional AHEC coordinators to meet the scheduling needs of students and schools in rural or urban settings.
Student benefits include:
1. Knowledge of the variety of health career options
2. Participation in meaningful service to others
3. Exposure to professional career role models
4. Opportunity to build impressive resumes for college or work
5. Participation in a national online program of future health care professionals
Questions? Contact Us!