1. An important reminder that Medicaid beneficiaries have Value Added Services available through their health plan that can be beneficial in helping patients better adhere to their care plan and contribute to improvements when addressing these Quality Improvement Initiatives.
2. On April 1, 2023, approximately 55,000 children receiving NC Health Choice coverage will move to NC Medicaid For more information
3. NC Medicaid changed the start date for Tailored Plans. The new start date is October 1, 2023. Until October 1, 2023, you will keep getting services the way you do now. For more information
4 Medicaid Standard Plans are required to conduct at least two PIPs annually, which must be approved by the Department of Health Benefits. The State may also mandate PIPs to support statewide priorities. The State has determined the following as the 2022 required PIPs:
- Childhood Immunization Status (CIS) Combo 10 – Tip Sheet
- Hemoglobin A1c Testing – Tip Sheet
- Timeliness of Prenatal Care – Tip Sheet Coming Soon
5 Medicaid Expansion
6 NC AHEC News
To view NC provider Medicaid managed care trending topics following this link.