1. Effective April 1, Medicaid will extend coverage for pregnant women to 12 months after birth. See announcement Here.
2. Medicaid Standard Plans are required to conduct at least two PIPs annually, which must be approved by the Department of Health Benefits. The State may also mandate PIPs to support statewide priorities. The State has determined the following as the 2022 required PIPs:
- Childhood Immunization Status (CIS) Combo 10 – Tip Sheet
- Hemoglobin A1c Testing – Tip Sheet
- Timeliness of Prenatal Care – Tip Sheet Coming Soon
3. An important reminder that Medicaid beneficiaries have Value Added Services available through their health plan that can be beneficial in helping patients better adhere to their care plan and contribute to improvements when addressing these Quality Improvement Initiatives.