Southern Regional AHEC Practice Support team is committed to helping providers in our region meet national standards and ready themselves for value based care.
Health care practices in North Carolina face many challenges. Our team is trained to work with you to transform the way in which care is delivered in your practice. We provide on-site assistance on the tools and systems you need to: provide consistently high quality care to all patients all the time; complete today’s work today; and prepare your practice for value-based payment initiatives.
We provide the following services for a variety of practices, including primary care, behavioral health and specialty:
- EHR consulting for improved quality outcomes
- Patient-centered medical home consultation
- Expertise in practice transformation for quality payment programs (i.e. MACRA, MIPS/APM, Medicaid promoting interoperability)
- NC HealthConnex – NCHIEANC HealthConnex is the state designated health information exchange that will enable you to more effectively manage population health and clinical outcomes. Let us help you navigate this platform and new features as they roll out. With NC HealthConnex, you can access your patients’ comprehensive records across multiple providers and review labs, diagnostics, history, allergies, medications, and more. You can eliminate duplicative testing, make more efficient and accurate diagnoses, and improve coordination across all levels of care. More information and resources are available on the NC Health Information Exchange Authority website.
- Workshops, training, webinars, and group collaborative meetingsPractice management consulting
- Provider Transition to Medicaid Managed Care – NC AHEC has partnered with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services and Division of Health Benefits to help transition healthcare providers to Medicaid Managed Care. We are providing on-site comprehensive Medicaid Managed Care education and assistance to healthcare providers across the state. More information and resources are also available on the NC Medicaid website for providers including a Medicaid Managed Care Webinar Series.
- NC AHEC Practice Support Consultants will work with practices, providers, and specialists to address unhealthy alcohol use. Here are other practice resources from NCAHEC.
- Other contracted practice consulting services upon request
To get started with our services complete an application here.
One of our coaches will call and schedule an appointment after receiving your application.
Donna Bowen, (910) 678-0119