WHO WE ARE
Southern Regional AHEC is one of nine Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) in North Carolina. Each of the nine AHECs is connected with a medical school (within the state) and is a member of the North Carolina AHEC Program. Southern Regional AHEC is proudly affiliated with Duke University Medical Center.
We support our residency and continuing education programs by:
- Training family physicians and other health care professionals
- Providing primary health care for families in Cumberland County and the surrounding area through our Duke/Family Medicine Residency Program
- Coordinating rotations for third and fourth-year medical students through the Office of Regional Primary Care Education (ORPCE)
- Delivering continuing professional development to healthcare professionals
- Working collaboratively with education and health oriented organizations in our region to improve healthcare access
Southern Regional Area Health Education Center is where learning, teaching and healing come together!
Southern Regional AHEC's Mission
To deliver quality health care education. Southern Regional AHEC meets its mission of addressing the region's health care workforce needs by:
- Providing timely information resources, improving access to care through high quality clinical services;
- Increasing the number and diversity of practicing health care professionals;
- Promoting state of the art health care education; and
- Continually seeking innovation in the education experience.