Southern Regional AHEC is one of nine Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) in North Carolina and is proudly affiliated with the Duke AHEC Program.
We support our residency and continuing education programs by:
- Training family physicians and other health care professionals
- Providing primary health care for families in Cumberland County and the surrounding area through our Duke/Family Medicine Residency Program
- Coordinating rotations for third and fourth-year medical students through the Office of Regional Primary Care Education (ORPCE)
- Delivering continuing professional development to healthcare professionals
- Working collaboratively with education and health oriented organizations in our region to improve healthcare access
Southern Regional Area Health Education Center is where learning, teaching and healing come together!