PREPARING YOU TO GET BACK INTO NURSING
The North Carolina RN Refresher Program is for registered nurses (RNs) who have successfully passed the NCLEX exam and have, at some time, been licensed in one of the 50 states. You may be a candidate if you have never practiced or have an expired license. If you do not have a North Carolina license, please contact the Board of Nursing at (919) 782-3211.
- Enroll anytime!
- Select online or correspondence for the theory portion of this course
- Initial administration fee $125 upon registering through Southern Regional AHEC
Enroll for theory course through the Friday Center, UNC Chapel Hill for cost of $600
Register for 160 hours of clinical after completion of the theory. Clinical practicum fee $250.
- Theory covers review of twenty-four Medical Surgical based modules, for a total of 140 contact hours
- Proceed at your own pace through the self-study modules within nine months
- Pass the exam for each model with a grade of 80% or higher
- Must be able to validate nursing license is in good standing
- For further information on this program visit the UNC Nurse Refresher Course website
How do I get started?
To set up an appointment or for more information, contact: Tonja.Teter@sr-ahec.org Director of Nursing Continuing Education/RN Refresher Coordinator, (910) 678-7246
Testimonies for the North Carolina RN Refresher Program
I am fortunate to reside in a state with such a comprehensive RN refresher program. SR-AHEC's refresher program provided me with the necessary skills to confidently re-enter nursing in a contemporary setting.
- Crystal Majeski
It has been somewhat of long road to become a registered nurse here in the US, English proficiency test, having my credentials evaluated, and finally the NCLEX. Also during that time I was working my way to US citizenship, and became a legal US citizen Sept 12, 2018! Being a foreign trained nurse with 23 years of nursing experience, helped me to prepare for a nursing career in the US and North Carolina in particular. I was glad I took the NCBON approved UNC Friday Center Nursing Refresher Program to bring my skills up to date. I enjoy learning, and enjoyed the challenges of the course. I am looking forward to applying what I have learned as I move forward. I love being a nurse, and it is my plan to continue my leaning as I progress in my career.
- Rodica Gullickson